Does your current roof leak? At Hyspec Constructions and Roofing we are roofing experts based in the Sutherland Shire who’ve dealt with every sort of roof you can imagine!
Roof Leaks are not only frustrating, but can cause serious damage to the structure of your property if left untreated over time!
If you’ve suffered from a leaking roof before, you’ll know how important your properties roof is. If you have a leaking roof, you are always worrying about the weather hoping it won’t pour with rain. Then when it does rain you get stuck emptying buckets and wringing towels all night long!
At Hypsec Constructions & Roofing, we believe that your roof is one of the most important features of our house or property. This is simply because it protects us from all of the elements all year round. What begins as a small leak can quickly turn into a larger problem if left unaddressed and as previously mentioned cause serious structural damage over time.
Seeing as roof leaks are so common and are such a large potential hazard, we’ve compiled a list of common causes to help you identify the source of your problem.
Before reading on, we’d like to highlight it is important to understand that the leak is actually coming from the roof. A range of things can cause water to drip through your ceiling from condensation build up to leaks from incorrectly sealed by terraces or bathrooms.
With that being said, if you find that it is definitely coming from the top of your house, here are the 5 of the most common causes of a leaking roof in the Sutherland Shire and Sydney regions:
1. Age – Realistically speaking, age is primarily one of the most common causes of a roof leak. Life gets busy right? Most people often forget their roof entirely and leave it neglected for long periods of time without checkups or minor repairs. Roofing materials deteriorate with age, caused by wind, erosion and heat from the sun, melting the tar from shingles, creating cracks and turning important parts of the roof brittle.
2. Roof Vents & Chimneys – As you’d expect, roof vents and chimneys are some of the most common culprits of roof leaks. Generally, the material sealing the base of the structures to the roof can crack or misalign and allow water to seep through.
3. Gutters – If a gutter cracks or becomes blocked by debris it can cause water to flow to a lower roof which can cause pooling and eventually erosion.
4. Tiles or Shingles – In Sydney and the Sutherland shire we really do get every range of weather possible. As our roofs are constantly exposed to weather it can cause tiles or shingles to become damaged or fall off entirely. Seeing different colours on your roof or tiles in strange places should indicate that you may have a serious issue.
5. Roof Junctions – Roof junctions are where the two section of your roof meet. Roof junctions usually experience heavy flows of water during rain. Flashing is a metal seal that normally runs along this junction and helps to direct water safely to your gutters. However, if this material is broken or if the joins between the roof and it have deteriorated it may allow water to seep through.
And there you have it, five reasons for why your roof may be leaking!
At Hyspec Constructions & Roofing, we are professional roofers who take every measure to ensure your 100% satisfied with your roof restoration or roof replacement. We work all over Sydney and the Sutherland Shire and know that every family has a different wants and needs. We will always give you the best advise based on your personal circumstances and always look for ways that can help you save. Through experience we’ve found that the clients who choose to increase the value of their home within a manageable budget are far happier and comfortable with the their choice!
Based in the Sutherland Shire, we are professional builders that promise to give you the best advice and guidance possible! Contact us now for a chat and get your project underway today!
- Posted by Hyspec Constructions and Roofing
- On August 14, 2019